A Collection of Articles from C&N Experts
Easy Phone Banking for Our PA and NY Neighbors
Immediate account accessManage your money day or night.
Secure mobile bankingUse your account number and PIN to proceed.
Quick and convenientGet real-time updates about bank account activity.
Updates from everywhereAll you need is a phone.
Easy enrollmentSign up through Online Banking
When you're busy and can't get to a computer or branch, Telephone Banking connects you to your personal or business accounts so you can manage your money and monitor account activity.
- Check deposit account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Verify ATM/Point-of-Sale transactions
- Verify deposits
- Access current deposit rates
Here's what to know about Phone Banking
- Transactions referred to as "Debit or Credit Memos" include Online Banking Transfers, ATM transactions, or over-the-counter transactions entered by the bank. If these transactions are created prior to the end of business day processing, they appear as outstanding to-be-posted items.
- The Telephone Banking system calls the to-be-posted items "Memo Debits" or "Memo Credits." Once the items have been processed at the end of the business day, the Telephone Banking system refers to those transactions as "Debit or Credit Memos."
- A debit transaction to a deposit account will reduce the balance and a credit transaction will increase the balance. A debit transaction to a loan account will increase the balance and credit transaction will reduce the balance.
Do more in PA and NY with fewer clicks
Text Banking moves with you so you can use your mobile phone to complete specific tasks anytime, anywhere. It's free* to use if you're signed up for Online Banking, and you'll love the bank account accessibility and ease of use.
- Transfer funds between your C&N personal accounts
- Check your account balance
- View your previous 10 transactions
* Message and data rates may apply from your carrier.
Text these commands to 226563 (BANKME)
BAL: This will list account balances for all of your accounts opted in to Text Banking. As an option, you can text BAL followed by your account nickname to obtain a balance on a specific account. For example, if your checking account nickname is ABC, you would text BAL ABC to 226563.
HIST: Follow this command with your account nickname to bring up the last 10 transactions posted to that account. If your Checking account nickname is ABC, you would text HIST ABC to 226563.
XFER: This command allows you to transfer funds between accounts, such as a transfer from your Savings account to your Checking account. If your Checking account nickname is ABC and your Savings account nickname is DEF, you would type XFER DEF ABC, then enter the amount of the transfer.
LIST: Type this when you want to look at a list of all available Text Banking commands.
STOP: This will disable Text Banking.