PBA Honors C&N Bankers For 40 Years In Banking
C&N bankers, center in all photos, from left, Dawn Besse, Mary Wood and Justin Krellner receive their 40-year awards from PBA Chairman Timothy P. Sissler, left in all photos and PBA Group 4 Chairman Randall E. Black,right in all photos.
WELLSBORO, PA – Three Citizens & Northern Bank employees have been recognized for serving 40 or more years in the banking industry. They were honored at the Pennsylvania Bankers Association (PBA) Group 4 meeting held in Williamsport. The 40-Year Club consists of bankers completing 40 or more years of service in Pennsylvania’s banking industry.
C&N employees attending and receiving the recognition include:
- Dawn A. Besse, C&N Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer. Mrs. Besse began her banking career in the late 1960s with Northern National Bank and Trust Company (which later merged with Citizens National Bank to form Citizens & Northern Bank). She later joined Citizens National Bank and Trust Company in Wellsville, NY, working for that financial institution through 1984. In 1984, Mrs. Besse joined WSFS in Wilmington, DE and then PNC Bank in Wilmington. After moving to Wellsboro, PA, Mrs. Besse joined C&N in 2000 as EVP/Director of Sales and Service.
- Justin F. Krellner, Regional Manager of Financial Services Delivery, Vice President and Trust Officer. Mr. Krellner began his banking career in 1972 with Elk County Bank and Trust Company in St. Marys, PA. In 1987 he joined Citizens Trust Company in Coudersport, PA as vice president and trust officer. Citizens Trust merged with Citizens & Northern in 2007. Mr. Krellner holds his BA degree from St. Vincent College in Latrobe, PA and is a graduate of the PBA Trust School, National Trust School and National Graduate Trust School. He has been a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) since 1992. He is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants.
- Mary J. Wood, Assistant Vice President and Trust Officer. Mrs. Wood began her banking career in 1974 with Commonwealth Bank. She held positions in bookkeeping, later transferring to the Trust department. She joined C&N in 1982 and has held positions as Trust Operations Manager, Administrative Assistant and Administrator. She is a graduate of Bucknell School of Trust, the Cannon Trust School and various other banking schools. She serves as secretary-treasurer of the Middlebury Baptist Church and is a parade organizer for the Pennsylvania State Laurel Festival Parade.
Also joining the 40-Year Club, but unable to attend are:
- Rosalie Hall, C&N Troy Community Office Manager. Mrs. Hall began her banking career in August of 1970 with Citizens National Bank in Towanda, PA. Citizens National later merged with Northern National Bank and Trust Company to form Citizens & Northern Bank. Mrs. Hall worked in Towanda until the C&N Troy office opened in June of 1971. During her banking career, Mrs. Hall worked as a teller and branch operations manager until assuming her current position. She is a graduate of Troy High School and the Central Atlantic Advanced School of Banking. She is a member of the First Baptist Church of Troy and volunteers with the Troy Fair.
- James Shelmire, Director of MIS Systems Analyst and Programmers. While still in college, Mr. Shelmire began working for C&N part-time as an RPG programmer. Upon his graduation in 1974 he joined C&N full time. He has spent his career in the MIS area of the bank. Mr. Shelmire is a graduate of Williamsport Area Community College and the School for Bank Administration.
Citizens & Northern Bank is a local, independent community bank providing complete financial, investment and insurance services through 26 full service offices throughout Cameron, Potter, McKean, Tioga, Bradford, Sullivan and Lycoming counties in Pennsylvania and in Canisteo and Hornell, NY in Steuben County. C&N can be found on the worldwide web at www.cnbankpa.com. The Company’s stock is listed on NASDAQ Capital Market Securities under the symbol CZNC.