Open a CD anywhere, anytime.
C&N Employees Raise Over $129,000 for Local Food Banks
WELLSBORO, PA – C&N’s Giving Back, Giving Together program, raised $129,129, which will provide over 775,000 meals to local residents through their partnership with area food banks. In addition to the monetary donations, C&N employees collected 3,012 necessity items and volunteered 290 hours at our local food banks.
In April 2020, C&N teams partnered with 17 local food banks—a cause that was quickly becoming more important as the COVID-19 pandemic was causing millions of people to suddenly be out of work and relying on food banks for their next meal. Meanwhile, food banks were receiving fewer donations, the supply of many necessities was constrained and volunteers, many of whom are seniors, were hesitant to volunteer in person. During this time, the Central PA Food Bank reach out to C&N to ask for help to meet the increase in demand. C&N’s board of directors approved a $40,000 donation to help with immediate needs, but also started exploring other options to help the food banks and community members while remaining compliant with the stay at home order. C&N began collecting monetary donations through a variety of online platforms, selling T-shirts and hosting different raffles. When the shut-down orders were lifted, teams began hosting on-site fundraisers, collecting food items and getting out to the food banks to lend a hand. In addition to these efforts, we also hosted a scaled down version of our annual Charity Classic golf tournament and connected with local businesses owners asking for help on behalf of the local food banks. We had 17 respond, bringing in an additional $11,000.
Area Food Banks and their C&N partners:
- Central PA Food Bank (Lycoming County, PA & Wellsboro, PA Admin teams)
- CHOP (East Smithfield, Towanda, PA & Monroeton, PA teams)
- Emporium Food Pantry (Emporium, PA team)
- Feed My Sheep (Athens, PA team)
- God's Food Pantry (Coudersport, PA team)
- Hornell Turning Point (Hornell & Canisteo, NY team)
- Lawrenceville Food Pantry (Tioga, PA team)
- Liberty Area Food Bank (Liberty, PA team)
- Mansfield Area Food Pantry (Mansfield, PA team)
- Port Allegany Community Services Food Pantry (Port Allegany, PA team)
- Salvation Army (Sayre, PA team)
- Snack 'n Sack (Troy, PA team)
- Sullivan County Food Pantry (Dushore, PA & Laporte, PA teams)
- Tioga Community Food Bank (Tioga, PA team)
- Towanda Area Christian Outreach Food Pantry (Wysox, PA team)
- Veterans serving Veterans (Knoxville, PA & Elkland, PA teams)
- Wellsboro Area Food Bank (Wellsboro, PA and Care Center teams)
- Wrightstown Food Cupboard (Doylestown, PA, Newtown, PA, and Paoli, PA teams)
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort our teammates have put into this program. “The success of GBGT is a direct reflection of the passion and commitment of our teammates to their communities. We also thank our customers, community members and business partners for sharing in our passion to give back to the communities we serve,” said Caitlin Hilliard, C&N Marketing Specialist.
In June 2021, C&N team members turned their focus to support local underprivileged youth, ensuring they have access to food, clothing and shelter. This is another demographic that was greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The closing of schools combined with the high cost of childcare forced many parents to give up their jobs and income to care for their kids. This also increased food insecurity by reducing children's access to free or reduced lunches at school. A survey by the CBPP shows that around 7 to 11 million children lived in households where kids didn’t get enough food because their families couldn’t afford it.
If you would like to join us in supporting this cause:
- Donate now by visiting cnbankpa.com/GBGT
- Connect with us during our quarterly event weeks
- Share & Like C&N’s #GivingBackGivingTogether Facebook posts. We donate $1 for every like & share to our libraries.
- Spread the word!
C&N’s Giving Back, Giving Together program was formed by employees in 2015 as a way to do more to support their local communities. In the years since Giving Back, Giving Together started, our employees have raised $465,306 in monetary donations, collected 30,241 item donations and volunteered 1,139 hours for 20 local food banks (2015), 52 local emergency services organizations (2016) 16 local organizations that support children in need (2017), 23 local public libraries, 17 military organizations (2019) 17 food banks (2020) and 22 children & youth organization in 2021. All the funds and donations raised through this program stay within the local communities.