Business Checking Fraud Prevention Services
ACH Debit Block
ACH Debit Block services monitor your account for unauthorized ACH transactions. Any size company can benefit from this service in order to safeguard funds from fraudulent electronic transactions. By returning unauthorized transactions, you will have advanced protection against electronic fraud.
We offer the following options:
- Block all ACH debit transactions for each specified account
- Block ACH debit transactions by type; for example WEB (Web initiated transactions) or TEL (Telephone initiated transactions)
- Block all ACH debits that do not match your approved vendor list
Positive Pay is an automated fraud detection tool that matches the account number, check number and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by your company. All three components of the check must match exactly or it will not be paid. Positive Pay drastically reduces your risk to financial losses due to check fraud.
Here’s how it works:
- Upload your Check Issue File to Citizens & Northern via Internet Banking.
- The Daily Incoming Check File will be compared to your Check Issue File.
- We will match the check number and issued amount.
- Exception items (unmatched items) are reported to you each morning.
- You make the decision whether to return or pay the unmatched items.